When your Housing Authority uses affiliates or a nonprofit partner agency, ORWACA Agency Insurance Services, LLC can assist with your insurance needs. ORWACA was created to be of service to you!
ORWACA has access to social service insurance providers, offering professional executive risk insurance products and general property & casualty coverages. We have access to bonding markets for unique situations when surety is required.
The following examples serve as a reference; if something you need is not listed, please call as we may be able to provide you with options.
ORWACA Eligibility Guide
- Most service providers in your housing authoritiy buildings
- Directors and officers insurance for independent nonprofit Boards related to housing
- Professional liability (E&O) miscellaneous professions (i.e. serving debt counsel, how to prepare for buying a home)
- Flood and earthquake for any building – “flood & quake” are excluded coverages
- DIC – difference in conditions – broadens property forms
- Builder’s risk – for property in the course of construction (with theft of building materials)
- Employment practices liability (monoline product policy)
- Bonding / surety – notary / bid & performance / miscellaneous bonds
- Fund raising or special event policies
- Lead based paint professional liability for many types of housing inspectors (lead based paint inspector’s E&O is excluded in base policy)
- Tenant discrimination
- Boiler & machinery / mechanical breakdown
- Underground storage tank liability & other pollution related coverage
Just ask - solutions & options are a phone call away!
Dedicated to offering insurance services to HARRP pool members, ORWACA is designed to service housing authority and nonprofit entities as a “one stop shop.” ORWACA can help when HARRP pool members are faced with coverage issues outside the scope of intergovernmental agreements.
Originally formed as HARRP Agency Insurance Services, Inc., ORWACA was given the new name in 2007 to clear confusion between the “pool" and the "agency” as well as to reflect the states which ORWACA serves: Oregon, Washington & California. Direct appointments and brokerage level access to insurance companies have been established to maintain strong relationships with insurers that specialize in the niche market of housing and related professional services.
Various insurance products have been accessed by half of HARRP’s 86 members at some time using ORWACA as the agent / broker to find coverage. We represent insurance companies that offer products and solutions for coverage and affordable rates when our members or their affiliates call upon us.
As housing authorities expand their traditional operations to create new revenue endeavors, ORWACA Agency is here to consult you on coverage limitations or to fill traditional property and casualty exclusions on your standard coverages.
ORWACA provides consultation, classes & risk management, plus rate and coverage comparisons as another advantage to our pool members or those they refer to us with our expanded services.
ORWACA Agency Insurance Services, LLC
Contact Info: 360-574-9035