Click on the link below to access HARRP's Advice & Counsel Services.
Hartford Steam Boiler
- HSB provides a link to the Hartford Steam Boiler website
- Energy Calculators explore ways to save money on heating and power at your housing authority.
- HARRP endorsement to Coverage Agreement 2018 (PDF)
Fair Housing Coach - A monthly newsletter dealing with a variety of fair housing issues.
To subscribe: Brownstone Publishers, Inc., 149 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10010-6801
Fair Housing Advisor - A quarterly newsletter that addresses a variety of fair housing issues concentrating on legal and regulatory issues.
To subscribe: Fair Housing Advisor, 3091 Holcomb Bridge Road, Suite A-1, Norcross, Georgia 30071
Employment Practices Liability Consultant - Quarterly guide to exposures, coverage and loss control.
To subscribe: International Risk Management Institute, Inc. 12222 Merit Drive, Suite 1450, Dallas, Texas 75251-2276
Assisted Housing Management Insider - A monthly newsletter that targets various topics of effective management of tenant issues.
To subscribe: Brownstone Publishers, Inc. 149 Fifth Avenue, 16th Floor, New York, NY 10010-6801
(press Ctrl F to search this page)
- Employment Law Learning Technologies
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Federal laws regarding discrimination in employment
- Gordon & Reese Employment .. Matters! (CA)
- U.S.D.O.L. Employment Laws
- U.S. Department of Justice ADA Site
- World Wide Web Virtual Library: Labor and Employment Law
Under "Legal Information by Topic", click on "Labor and Employment Law"
- Employee Benefit News
Free information includes an online catalog of 3,000 suppliers of products and services, an annotated links page, a glossary of benefit terms, and a listing of conferences.
- Employee Benefit Research Institute
The Institute performs numerous national survey and research programs, the results of which are reported here. Much of the research is centered on retirement and health insurance issues. The site has a useful "Fact Sheet" page. It also includes a useful links section, particularly for aging, employee benefits and health care, and pension plans/retirement issues.
- Employee Benefits Institute of America
Publisher of employee benefits reference manuals. Current products cover COBRA, cafeteria plans, ERISA Compliance for Health and Welfare plans, 401(k) plans, and HIPAA Compliance for Group Health Plans.
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP)
Employee benefits INFOSOURCE database
- National Public Employer Labor Relations Association (NPELRA)
Publications, information about training services and a speaker's bureau on labor relations/employment liability topics, federal legislature and legal updates, a member-only information exchange and links to government, labor law and labor web sites.
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Internet links to human resource-related organizations: compensation & benefits, legal issues and resources, management practices, and safety & health.
- CPSC Playground safety
Multi-family housing playground standards.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
Product recalls, playground guidelines, safety notices, etc.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
News releases, vehicle safety ratings, vehicle & driver safety facts
- National Safety Council
Workplace, environment and public safety publications, local chapters.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
OSHA laws, regulations and compliance links.
- Drowsy Driving Guide
Drowsy driving prevention tips for drivers of all demographics and occupations
- Nonprofit Risk Management Center - Washington DC based organization that provides risk management information for nonprofits. They publish pamphlets, books and a newsletters with risk management related information (including model policies, checklists, etc). They also present an annual conference, regional training, consulting services and risk audits for a fee.
- Public Agency Risk Managers Association (PARMA)
- Public Risk Management Association (PRIMA)
- Model Emergency Operations Plan - A comprehensive reference guide for developing effective risk-reduction plans at your agency.
- Broan - Designs air filtration, ventilation, and household convenience products
- In2vate A one-stop resource on employment related issues
- A.M. Best Company
The source for insurance company ratings, analysis and information
- Environmental Protection Administration
Laws and regulations regarding lead based paint, asbestos, underground storage tanks, etc.
- Identity Safeguards
A service that provides credit report monitoring and fraud prevention education
- Legal Information Institute - Cornell Law School
Federal & state constitutions, statutes and codes
- New Media Learning
Sexual harassment training and certification
- Tax Credit Regulations (Federal)
Section 42 Low Income Housing Credit
- US Department of Housing & Urban Development
Notices of funding availability, grant applications, code of federal regulations, federal register, laws, etc.
- There may be additional training opportunities at the AOHA, AWHA and PNRC-NAHRO